Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A pair of light fixtures!

It was my birthday and in years past I buy a pair of shoes on that day. This year I did not. Instead I bought a pair of light fixtures! From a thrift store! I absolutely love light fixtures. So I bought them both for $4 each! Here is one:

and here is the other:

The first one got a mini transformation. I cleaned it, spray painted it black then used a silver rub n buff on it to make it look better. I LOVE it. This fixture is for the stairway. Then we installed it!

I LOVE the glass on it! So beautiful.

The second one needs new glass. So I have to find new glass. My husband finally taught me how to install a light fixture so I went a little install crazy and started installing. I counted and found we had 8 light fixtures sitting in the garage waiting to get installed. Now we have 5. Oh and I went a little silver rub n buff crazy and decided to change our front room brass chandy into a silver nickle chandy.
I LOVE IT.

I finally fell inspired for projects again! I think its the temperature change in the air.




No comments:

Post a Comment